Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Finished my first semester of university today.

Today was the last exam of my first semester of Environmental Restoration. I'm proud of my self. I don't know why I never thought I could do it before. Hooray for using our brains.
Learning little things can be very good for us. Learning big things may be more daunting, but little things lead to big. Gradually everyone on the planet needs to learn the necessary skills to lead a sustainable existence. We in the 'over-indulged' nations need to learn to live with a little less.
Buying things is not the way to make yourself feel good. Being with friends or doing something positive for you or your community is much more rewarding than buying some frilly piece of stuff that will mean nothing in a few weeks when it's out of fashion.
Changing people's behaviour is not going to be easy, but it needs to happen soon. And the changes need to stick.

I look forward to a day when we won't be called 'greenies' because everybody will be living environmentally.

No comments: