Tuesday, November 6, 2007

The Stems at The Fly by Night Club.

Nothing to do with gardening, I know, but The Stems have always been my favourite local band, so I was really pleased to see them play again the other night. They were excellent, yet again.
Richard Lane is still my favourite, even with his salt and pepper beard - quite funky really, I thought. I love his organ interludes and the lovely Rickenbacker guitar.
There was a bunch of sweet young things dancing down the front, 60's chicks in full regalia, beautiful. It was pointerd out to me that this was the first time my friend and I had seen them legally..they broke up before we turned 18. Our fake id's had worked a treat back then.
I was little surprised not to recognise a few more folk that were there.
It was great fun.

No comments: