Thursday, September 3, 2009

Spring is coming. Plant some vegies.

The little vegie patch has been doing well. It's quite crowded and there are some candidates for removal and replacement by slightly warmer season crops. It is so much easier to grow food at this time of year. Watering is such a chore and is really my downfall with food gardening. It has been great to get enough greens for a couple of vege pies and there's been quite a few peas, though none have managed to get into the kitchen.
So far there's been no pests to speak of. I'm considering putting some Eco_oil on to see if it really does keep cabbage white butterflies off my garden.
Something I am a bit excited about is that the white shatoot mulberry has little fruit forming and so does the cherry guava.
The shatoot mulberry is possibly the tastiest fruit I know, it is sweet, like an apricot flavour. I managed to get one from Wandilla nursery in Maida Vale.

Now, back to homework.

1 comment:

Bangchik and Kakdah said...

Good luck to your gardening adventure as spring is coming... ~bangchik